Discover Properties In Malta
Malta is known as the Mediterranean’s best kept secret
Over the last few years many foreign nationals have made Malta and Gozo their permanent home. The pleasant all year weather, the friendliness of the people and the general well-being enjoyed in Malta is conducive to a healthy and comfortable lifestyle.
Malta is an island of 360km squared. It has 300 days of sunshine a year with mild moist winters and dry hot summers.The population of Malta 450 000 of which 30 000 are expats. Tourism makes up 30% GDP with over 1.6 million visitors a year.
The Maltese archipelago lies virtually at the centre of the Mediterranean, 93 km south of Sicily and 288 km north of Africa. The archipelago consists of three islands: Malta, Gozo and Comino
The plus for South Africans is that English is one of the two official languages, with Maltese being the other, they drive on the same side of the road, the sun drenched climate allows year-round swimming in the tide-free waters and the crime levels are extremely low.
What are the main reasons why you should consider the Maltese islands for your permanent or holiday home? What makes it such a secure investment?
- Great all year round weather.
- Very friendly and hospitable people.
- Very easy integration within local communities.
- Relatively crime free and very safe to live in.
- EU member country offering political stability.
- Malta is part of the Schengen zone.
- Excellent national and private hospital and medical services.
- Abounding with history and cultural life
- Excellent schooling at above UK standards in English speaking schools and University.
- Low cost of living and a wide variety of properties available in all price ranges.
- Very stable property market offering steady growth.
- No rates or council taxes
- Daily flights to all major European and North Africa destinations with low-cost airlines also offering a regular service.
- Excellent social life for all age groups. A large selection of of top-quality restaurants and cafes.
- Very good sporting facilities. World-class diving, sailing and other water sports.
- Excellent residency conditions with low taxation rates.
- The difference between Malta Residency and Citizenship
- Malta offers UK Citizens a 10 year visa post Brexit
- South Africans retire or emigrate to Malta
- Why Malta’s economic growth is the strongest in Europe
- It’s not if you should be investing Malta property, but when.
- Investment property versus Retirement annuity, what to choose.
- Requirements for purchasing property in Malta
- Guide to buying property in Malta
- Different Maltese property types