Special Designated Areas (SDA)
What are Special Designated Areas?
Malta is addressing its dual role as a destination for individuals seeking to relocate their personal affairs and relocating their business to Malta, has adopted a favourable regime, which gives opportunities to both EU and non-EU nationals, to purchase property in Malta. This is epitomized in the case of Special Designated Areas where no distinction applies between Maltese and non-Maltese citizens.
Special Designated Areas are prime residency areas providing top-end facilities and amenities such as restaurants, supermarkets, spas and marinas within the same area. The conditions of property purchase for non-EU nationals and EU nationals are such that, you are able to purchase a number of properties without the necessity of applying for an AIP permit( acquisition of immovable property), you are also allowed to rent out, so it is a fantastic buy-to-rent or plan B
These luxury Lifestyle developments are consistently popular both for short-term and permanent residences and as rental investments. Residences situated within these developments were carefully planned to enjoy breath taking sea views, cater for modern-day needs such as private parking and security and often come fully finished and furnished to highest quality and designer standards
The current Special Designated Areas are the following.
- Portomaso Development, St. Julians, Malta; Read More
- Cottonera Development, Cottonera, Malta;
- Tigne Point, Tigne, Malta; Read More
- Tas-Sellum Residence, Mellieha, Malta; Read More
- Madliena Village Complex, Malta;
- SmartCity, Malta;
- Fort Cambridge Zone, Tignè, Malta; Read More
- Ta’ Monita Residence, Marsascala, Malta; Read More
- Pender Place, St. Julians, Malta; Read More